Production companies typically have aspirations to become more inclusive, diversify their workforce, and access new talent, but they often lack the capacity to provide opportunities to underrepresented young people. Our programme was set up to address this need.
If your company wants to address underrepresentation in the film industry, we are here to help. Our model has been a great success since it was first implemented at On the Corner in 2019, and we continue to adapt and improve it based on feedback from participants.
- Work with you to assess your company’s needs, and what you believe you can bring to the young person;
- Design and launch a recruitment drive;
- Shortlist applicants for interviews and make selections in collaboration with you;
- Evaluate the placements and produce data that can be used to continually grow and improve the programme.
We have received hundreds of applications for places since the programme began and can use our broad network to streamline the entire process. Whether you need an extra pair of hands for a large project, or you’re looking to nurture fresh talent, we will find you the best possible candidates for your business.
How do interns benefit the production company?
- They offer a new perspective, offering new ideas about how to improve processes, practises, and build for the future. They will also bring the creativity to your company that is necessary for writing new stories and reaching a wider audience.
- Work placements are a useful way to trial new roles, and develop them on an ongoing basis. You will generate a talent pipeline which helps to reach the best possible candidates for roles at the company.
- You will gain a brand advocate who can spread the word about your work to a wider audience, increasing your visibility in the sector.
- Staff will gain improved work satisfaction by learning more about themselves and reflecting on their role. This will give them an enhanced outlook on their work that they might not otherwise have.
- You will be in a stronger position to demonstrate your commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity.
What benefits does an internship have for a young person?
- They will gain real world experience that allows them to develop skills that they wouldn’t otherwise get an opportunity to learn. This will improve their prospects for future employment.
- They will have the chance to learn from professionals in the industry, and have their creativity and ambitions nurtured.
- Their ideas and experiences will be validated, giving them improved confidence that will have long term benefits both within and outside of work.
If you are a young person looking to take part, please note that we are currently going through the process of negotiating new partnerships with exciting companies in the documentary space. This means that we are not currently taking applications. To let us know that you might be interested in applying in the future, please get in touch and we will notify you when we launch a new round of recruitment.