APPLICATION FORM: Voices Radio – Production Assistant
Voices Radio is looking for an enthusiastic Production Assistant to work with their production team on live radio broadcasts and content creation. If you’re based in Islington, aged 18-25 and looking to develop your career in radio, then read on…
Launched in 2021, Voices is a fully-fledged community radio station, fuelled by London’s vibrant creative scene, developing grassroots talent alongside established artists. The station now boasts over 300 residents from all around the world and broadcasts close to 24/7 from their studio in Coal Drops Yard.
- Assisting our production team on producing live radio content on air, predominantly audio but some video live streams
- Editing and producing audio content for broadcast later
- Simple video editing for use on social media – cutting livestreams down for highlight videos to go on Instagram, creating general promotional videos
- Potential to deliver training to any new production staff for simple tasks once experienced
- Potential for a freelance producing role at the end of the placement
Skills & Experience
- some experience with Adobe Creative software – Adobe Audition and/or Premiere in particular
- some experience producing audio content, e.g., podcast of your own, student radio
- some experience making video content, e.g., social media videos, short documentaries
The placement will run as two days a week, working remotely on either Thursday or Friday and one day a week in the Coal Drops Yard studio. Shifts will be 10am – 6pm.
If you’d like to apply, please complete this brief application form to tell us why you should be given the opportunity and how it fits in with your interests and goals. You must be an Islington resident and aged between 18-25 to be eligible to apply.
If you would like to apply by some other means or if you have any other questions, please get in touch with us to via: [email protected]
Successful applicants will be invited to a short and informal remote interview with staff from Voices Radio and Creative Opps to be scheduled for the 20th of July 2023, before we make a final decision.
We can’t wait to hear from you!