Personal Assistant to the CEO
An opportunity now exists for a motivated, organised individual to work with and assist the CEO of Creative Opps during an exciting time in the charity’s development! If you want to work for a forward-thinking, democratically led youth organisation, and have the skills to support us across the wide range of activities we’ve got planned, apply today to join us as a PA!
Check out the post below:
Category: Personal Assistant
Hours: 3 days per week
Salary: £21.63 per hour for 24 hours per week up to £26,994.24 per year (pro rated from Full Time Equivalent £35,992.32)
Type of contract: Part-time, permanent (subject to a three-month probation period).
The post-holder will have a broad range of administrative and organisational skills. You will be a highly competent individual with proven abilities in IT, document formatting, copywriting, proofreading, and will have strong financial management capabilities. You will be supporting the CEO with his duties. The CEO is responsible for:
- Coordinating programmes. In 2023, the main programmes you will be supporting are:
- Creative work placements: Building partnerships with creative industry employers to address underrepresentation in the creative industries (20%).
- Mentoring: We’re launching a third round of mentoring, during which we’ll match 15 young people with mentors who have professional experience that they can use to support their mentees with their creative development (20%).
- Co-operative membership: We’re working with a Youth Board of five young people to create a democratic membership structure for the organisation, based on co-operative principles (20%).
- Fundraising, mostly through applications to trusts and foundations but we will also be exploring donations and partnerships (20%)
- Operations and financial management to ensure that our legal, financial and managerial responsibilities are fulfilled (10%)
- Governance: attending quarterly meetings with the Board of Trustees and semi-frequent meetings with the Co-Chairs of the Board. These meetings will take place remotely (10%).
You’ll be able to demonstrate that you can support him in this work with flexibility, discretion and motivation to excel in a busy, challenging role. Candidates should also bring strong communication and relationship building skills to the role. See the below list of Key Responsibilities for more information.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Meetings: Taking notes and minutes in meetings; assisting with technical administration of meetings; preparing materials; support with explaining visual representations in meetings.
- Reading, copywriting, proofreading, formatting documents: Supporting the CEO to create and finalise documents including funding applications and reports; reading inaccessible documents.
- Finances: Bookkeeping, budget management, raising invoices, managing company finances including tax obligations.
- HR: Running payroll, administering pension payments, reporting to HMRC.
- Correspondence: Supporting with writing emails, letters, communicating in WhatsApp groups and other channels.
- Website: Updating or building new pages on the website, tracking analytics.
- Social media: Updating social media with new projects, scheduling posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook.
- Diary management: Managing the CEO’s calendar, booking in meetings and organising an appropriate schedule.
- File management: Keeping the Drive organised, managing databases
You must have:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in administration
- Experience with financial management processes, with some understanding of bookkeeping.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with particular regard to Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and collaborate with other people in the organisation ie. Youth Board and Board of Trustees
Preferably you will have:
- Some experience of working at a charitable organisation
- Some experience of working with young people, or a desire to
- Some experience of fundraising
- Some experience in film production
- Some experience of using social media
Creative Opportunities encourages, promotes, and supports diversity in all aspects of its work. We actively encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for roles at Creative Opportunities. We also understand how identity intersects with the application process: If you meet the majority of the above criteria, but not all, we strongly encourage you to go ahead and apply.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people we work with. As such, candidates are required to commit to and uphold our organisational safeguarding principles, practice and procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be conducted for the successful candidate.
Please send a copy of your CV and a one page cover letter answering the following questions to [email protected] with ‘Personal Assistant’ in the subject line:
- What skills and experience would you bring to the PA role?
- What interests you about working for Creative Opps, a youth-led creative charity?
Should you be invited to interview, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you might require.
Application deadline: November 13th 2022
Interview: November 18th 2022