Chair of the Board, Creative Opps CIO
Creative Opps CIO is seeking an experienced Chair to play a strategic role on the newly established Board of Trustees. This is a significant opportunity to work with a dynamic and inspiring organisation to make a real difference by supporting young people from diverse backgrounds to pursue their goals. We are a recently incorporated organisation, established alongside Creative Opportunities CIC – an organisation with years of experience in providing opportunities for young people across London. The Chair will be responsible for leading the Board in supporting the CIO to achieve its aims and build for the future.
- Overseeing the responsibilities and performance of the leadership team;
- Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the organisation to be run effectively;
- Developing and managing relationships, communicating with funders, partners and other stakeholders;
- Approving Creative Opps’ annual budget; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities;
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics for evaluating Creative Opps’ performance and impact;
- Periodically consulting with board members and CEO about their roles and their own assessment of their performance;
- Planning, presiding over and facilitating Board meetings; ensuring participants and relevant parties are made accountable;
- Shaping the Board and planning Board recruitment strategies.
- Professional experience with significant executive leadership at a non-profit organisation or social enterprise, preferably focused on youth work;
- An understanding of the annual legal and financial obligations of a CIO;
- Demonstrated success as a board member or chair;
- Track record of building credibility and recognition at an organisation, that has resulted in significant opportunities for development;
- A commitment to and understanding of the people with whom Creative Opps works, mission and values, preferably based on prior experience;
- Diplomatic skills and ability to cultivate effective working relationships;
- Desirable: experience of youth work or lived experience of the issues affecting the young people we work with.
The Chair of the Board can be based anywhere. Meetings will be held online. Please note that this is an unpaid role.
In your application, please tell us about you, your skills and interests, and why you’d be an asset to Creative Opps. Please keep this to no more than 400 words. You may also apply some other way, for example via a video or audio recording.
To apply, please send your CV and application to [email protected].