We’re looking to expand our board of committed trustees to help shape the future of our youth-led organisation!
Creative Opps is a small, forward-thinking creative youth charity. We deliver user-led programmes, designed by and for young people, primarily in London and act as a bridge between young people and the often inaccessible creative industries. You can find out more about our work here: creativeopps.org
We’re looking for people with:
- A commitment to the Creative Opps mission, and our youth-led, inclusive and diverse approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think strategically and contribute to organisational development.
- A passion for working with and supporting young people and creating significant social impact.
- Can commit at least 4 hours a month to their work as a trustee (including 4 trustee meetings a year)
We’re particularly interested in applications from people with the following experience (or those interested in upskilling in these areas):
We’re particularly interested in application from people with the following experience (or those interested in upskilling in this area):
- Finance and/or fundraising
- Charity Governance
- Professional experience in the creative industries: This could be in a formalised creative industry, such as film or music or in a more ad-hoc way, such as creative campaigners, artists or those running DIY/community creative projects
- IT and/or marketing
- Creating democratic membership structures, such as cooperative structures
How to apply
If you are enthusiastic about playing a role in our exciting organisation, we’d love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and a short paragraph (100 word limit) on your interest in the role/work of the organisation to: [email protected] by March 19th 2024, 11:59pm GMT. If you’d prefer, you can submit a video or voice recording instead of a paragraph.
Successful applicants will be invited to an informal chat about the role with existing trustees and Creative Opps staff members. If you have any questions or any access needs, please don’t hesitate to get in contact via [email protected].